From Book Cover:
An essential reference book on herb contraindications and drug interactions for all those whose work in the medical field brings them into contact with individuals who receive or desire herbal therapy to maintain or enhance their health.
- Provides contraindications and drug interactions for 184 common therapeutic herbs.
- Identifies in the appendices additional herbs relevant to:
- Potential allergic responses
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight
- Urinary tract inflammation
- Intestinal absorption of medicines
- Sedative medicines
- Heart medicines
- Blood sugar levels
- Pregnant and breast feeding women (identifies herbs best avoided to protect their children)
- Incorporates information derived from the German Commission E Monographs, recent scientific research and traditional American clinical experience.
- Includes references.